October 25-27, 2019
Mount Madonna Center
To register Click Here
The Yoga of Compassion
Yoga liberates us from restraints on our capacity to deeply care for ourselves and others. The virtue of compassion, in the practice of yoga, acts as both a means and an end.
The Yoga of Compassion invites us to come into an intimate understanding of our own suffering and, thereby, widen our circle of care and concern. This practice of yoga has the potential to open us up and teach us how to love.
In this retreat, we will explore the yoga of compassion as a vehicle for meaningful connection. We will engage in physical practices, breathing, and meditation along with discussion and bonding in a beautiful place that is conducive to self-exploration.
This retreat will emphasize the power of yoga for developing self-compassion and freeing up our inherent capacity to feel compassionate towards others.
For the evening program please bring a poem, a song or something else to share that is related to compassion.
Location: Mount Madonna Center, 445 Summit Road, Watsonville, CA 95076
- Vegetarian meals will be provided along with tea and snacks
- Bedding is provided for 2 nights. Please bring your own towel.
- Mount Madonna also provides bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, and ear plugs.
- Please do not bring any food, candles, or incense.
- If you have your own yoga mat, please bring it. The following props will be available: yoga mats, blocks, blankets, straps, bolsters.
- 4-6:00 Registration and check in
- 4:30-5:30 Yoga Asana practice
- 5:30-6:30 pm Dinner
- 7-7:30pm MMC orientation
- 7:30-9:30pm Opening circle, Yoga Nidra
- 7:15-8:15am Pranayama and Meditation
- 8:30-9:45am Yoga Asana (posture practice)
- 10-11 Brunch Break
- 11-1 Break
- 1-3 Group activity/discussion/Q&A
- 3:30-4:30 Yoga Practice
- 5-6 Dinner
- 7-9 Evening program: Music, open mic, sharing…
- 7-8:30am Yoga practices… Pranayama, Meditation, Yoga Asana
- 8:30-9:30 Breakfast
- 10-11:30 Final comments, Q&A, closing circle
- 12 MMC wind-up
- 12:30-1:30 Snack
- Check out at 1pm
Retreat Fee: There is an early bird discount available for this retreat! It will end on September 1. The retreat fee varies depending on your choice of housing. Discounted prices range from $343 – $587. Regular prices range from $398 – $642. For specific options, please visit the registration page. Due to the limited number of spots available, we require a $100 deposit, due at the time of registration, in order to hold your spot. Final payment is due October 1, 2019.
Cancelation Policy: Deposits are non-refundable, but are transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit, less a $50 administrative fee, will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
Payment Information: $100.00 deposit due upon registration to hold your spot. Final payment due by October 1, 2019. The early bird discount rate ends September 1. So, sign up and get your discount now. Register here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to register? Join the Yoga of Compassion Retreat here.